Exercise Rehabilitation is an individually prescribed program based on your specific needs and goals. It uses a variety of Pilates-based equipment to facilitate, assist and/or resist movement, which you will utilise during physiotherapist-led classes. Our classes are capped at a maximum of five participants and run at various times throughout the day, including early mornings, evenings, Saturday mornings.
Programs can be tailored for everyone from beginners through to high-level athletes. Our aim to assist everyone to move better and achieve their goals, no matter how big or small.
Exercise Rehabilitation may be suitable for:
- Rehabilitation from an injury, including safe return to exercise and activity.
- Sports-specific rehabilitation and technique work for a wide variety of activities.
- Prehab to assist in injury avoidance or in preparation for surgery.
- Back and neck pain management.
- Specific post-operative rehabilitation.
- Arthritis management, including ongoing exercise after completing another exercise program such as GLA:D for hip and/or knee osteoarthritis.
- Osteoporosis management.
- Postural or balance re-training.
- Correcting muscle and strength imbalances
- Antenatal and postnatal exercise.
- General conditioning.
- Cross training.
- Pain management.
- Improving flexibility, strength and endurance.
All of our Exercise Rehabilitation Physiotherapists are Clinical Pilates trained, experienced in exercise prescription and are skilled in the assessment and identification of muscle imbalances, faulty movement patterns and postural issues.
What to expect
- You will have an individual initial 40-minute consultation with an Exercise Rehabilitation Physiotherapist who will perform a comprehensive assessment, set goals with you and start developing your personal exercise rehab program based on these findings.
- Usually, three individual, 40-minute sessions are required to establish a suitable program for you, to teach you correct technique and ensure that you are confident and safe before joining our small group classes.
- 45-minute Group sessions, which are run by our Clinical Pilates trained Exercise Rehabilitation Physiotherapists and capped at a maximum of five people to ensure individual feedback and support. Individual and group sessions may be claimable as physiotherapy extras through your private health fund. Please check with your fund to confirm.
Exercise Rehabilitation sessions are an individualised program designed from the initial one-on-one sessions, which progress to a small group setting where each individual undertakes their personal program under the guidance of a physiotherapist. Review of the program happens periodically by the referring physiotherapist.