APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist
Master of Advanced Clinical Physiotherapy (Sports), Bachelor of Physiotherapy,
Myofascial Dry Needling and Acupuncture qualification, ASCA Strength & Conditioning Coach
WSC Since: 2017
Matt joined Wakefield Sports Clinic after completing the Master of Advanced Clinical Physiotherapy Sports Program at the University of South Australia.
He has a strong interest in sports injury management and prevention, particularly soft tissue injuries of the lower limb, knee injuries and injuries specifically relating to football, basketball and soccer. Matt is also passionate about active physiotherapy management through exercise rehabilitation.
Since 2016, Matt has been working as a physiotherapist with the Adelaide Crows Football Club SANFL Team. Prior to this physiotherapy role, Matt had a 6-year association with the Adelaide Crows Football Club as a sports trainer.Matt is also currently working as an Academic Researcher at the International Centre for Allied Health Evidence (iCAHE) and a Clinical Educator at the University of South Australia.
Involvement with Teams and Associations
- Adelaide Crows Football Club – SANFL Physiotherapist (2016 – current)
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence (iCAHE) – Academic Researcher (2017 – current)
- University of South Australia iCAHE – Academic Researcher– Clinical Educator and Tutor (2017 – current)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) Member
- Sports Physiotherapy Association (SPA) Titled Member
- SA Sports Medicine Association (SASMA) Member
- Australia Strength & Conditioning Association (ASCA) Member
- Adelaide Crows Football Club – Sports Trainer (2011 – 2016)